Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chargers Suck Printable Image

It 's a tough world ...



Sometimes I constantly receive complaints from cartoonists seeking their first jobs.
These authors write or contact the publishers I work with boards and suggested the test.
Often you receive no response and then write to me for a complaint-intercession.


"XXX I have never answered, but I tried to rewrite anything. What should I do? ... An application on stamped paper?"


Oppure

"A Lucca mi aveva detto che i miei disegni gli piacevano, gli ho scritto ma non mi ha mai risposto. Puoi fare qualcosa? Puoi darmi la mail dell'Editore?"


Amici miei, sapeste in quanti neppure rispondono a me.

Siete tanti.
Una marea.
Tutti ansiosi di cominciare, ma non c'è posto per tutti.
Viene fatta una selezione, giusta o meno. Rassegnatevi.

Prima di iniziare a lavorare per L'Astorina, Jacopo Brandi e io, abbiamo fatto 40 tavole di prova per Bonelli. Credete che ci abbiano mai risposto ufficialmente?
No.
Ed è comprensibile.

Mettetevelo in testa: se non vi rispondono equivale a "For now we are not interested, thank you."
The author does not just have to keep trying and to insist, with humility and patience.
And remember one thing ... something inside that you do not want to hear: the good ones really take them away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment